Saturday, January 19, 2008

Stila Convertible Color

My first venture into cream blushes - and I LOVE it!!! I've heard so much about Stila Convertible Color, but I never thought it would work for me. I was so used to the control I have with the powder blush using a brush, so when I thought about having to use my fingers, I wasn't confident I could blend very well. To my absolute delight, these creamy yet sheer colors were a dream to blend even though they are thick. I've even read someone used the term "clay-like" to describe them! More amazingly though, the cream blush dries to a powdery matte and they make me glow like a flawless doll! Holycrap!!! I could never get that result with powder blush! Not that I'm going to retire powder blushes anytime soon, but I think I'm falling hard for cream blushes!

All pictures taken indoor with flash, unless otherwise noted.


Anyway, I do find Stila's packaging a breath of fresh air. I'm sure there are nicer packaging out there, but this is simple, elegant, feminine, and clean! Also, the size is just right. Not too big, not too small, airy light, and it fits perfectly into my makeup bag :D And of course, the convertible color is multi-purpose as it can also be used for the lips. I haven't tried yet, but I'm very happy nonetheless.



The convertible color duo I got was Lillium, a dusty rose pink, and Gerbera, a fleshy peach. A very lovely combo, Lillium gives me a healthy flush while Gerbera is more fresh and natural. Can't wait to try Gladiola and Petunia next!



- Top row: Lillium, swatched (left) and blended (right).
- Bottom row: Gerbera, swatched (left) and blended (right).

Picture taken in natural light without flash.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts