Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Asience Shampoo & Conditioner

When I was still in Japan, I saw the commercials for this Asience Shampoo and Conditioner repeated over and over (and over!) on TV. Unfortunately, the spokemodel was also Zhang Ziyi (she irritates me to no end, no offense to her fans...) so no matter how many times I saw the commercials, it just didn't do a thing for me. If anything, it deterred me from even having the slightest bit of curiosity in the products.

Asience Shampoo and Conditioner, from Kao, another Japanese pharmaceutial giant.

***Picture from TrueRenu.com.

Recently though, I got hooked on Camellia oil for hair and body, especially my hair, so I finally overcame my distaste for Zhang Ziyi and gave the shampoo and conditioner a try, because they have Camellia oil in them, of course! But it also helped that my sister brought a pair to me, for free, all the way from Japan :D My sister loves this shampoo and conditioner. She raved about how soft it made her hair and how silky her hair felt after the blow dry. How could I say no to that enthusiasm?

So I tried them, and oddly, I wasn't impressed. First off, it was waaaaay too perfumy. I mean, really really strongly perfumed. The fragrance wasn't offensive, just too much of it. And here I thought Shiseido Tsubaki was strong, woo wee! Other than that, the shampoo and conditioner themselves weren't bad. They were very moisturizing, perhaps too moisturizing even. They felt soft and they rinsed soft. My hair felt very soft afterwards, but they also got oily and greasy really quickly, and me being in a tropical environment with 100% humidity at the time didn't help at all! I read somewhere that Asience was meant for people with thick and coarse hair, so I guess it makes sense why my sister loves it so much. Her hair is not coarse, but it's much thicker than mine. I have fine hair, just lots of it :P

So yeah, Asience is not for me. In fact, when I finish up Tsubaki, I think I'm going to back to Super Mild.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts