Friday, January 9, 2009

L'Occitane 100% Pure Shea Butter

After my so-so experience with the L'Occitane Shea Hand and Foot Creams, I got curious about the L'Occitane 100% Pure Shea Butter. So I got myself the smallest size, the tiny little 0.26 oz. tin, to try.


My first impression was that it smelled funny. And it felt hard and waxy, like very cold butter. The instructions say I need to warm it up in my palm first, which I did, but it didn't get much softer afterward. Hmm...sounds like another so-so experience... Another thing is that the shea butter was milky white and I've read that it was supposed to have a bit of a butter tint. A milk white color and hardness means the shea butter has been overly processed, during which it lost a large portion of its healing and moisturizing properties. Doh!


I use this shea butter primarily for my cracked cuticles, sand-paper fingertips, corners of the mouth that gets patchy and cracked (ouch!), and even my upper lip areas that got painful after a few times blowing my nose. Did I tell I have super dry skin? I did, right? Yeah. Luckily for me, the shea butter does a good job healing (see, it's supposed to heal!) the cracks and dryness on my skin. It takes a few days, but it does heal. Now I just really really wish it was softer so I could use it all over my hands and feet too. Until then, I got a couple more of the little tins to keep in my purse and at the office :D

In the mean time, I saw pure shea butter on sale at Ebay...Very tempting, indeed.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts