Saturday, January 10, 2009

L'Occitane Shea Ultra Rich Shampoo & Conditioner

Next up is the L'Occitane Shea Ultra Rich Shampoo & Conditioner from the L'Occitane Getaway Treasures set, which also includes the Verbena Body Lotion, Verbena Shower Gel, Lavender Hand Cream, Shea Extra Gentle Soap Milk, and Shea Extra Gentle Soap Lavender (reviews to come later).


They were having a promotion, buy the set for $35 and get 3 extra travel-sized items for free. It was a deal, considering the shampoo, conditioner, lotion, shower gel, and the 2 soaps retailed for $7-8 each, the hand cream $10, and the travel-sized items $7-12 each. Am I a total sucker or what?


Still, the set was a good way for me to sample L'Occitane products and have something to use in the dry climate of Colorado, a short stop I made prior to my overseas trip. As you might know, Colorado is already a very dry place, add in my aligator skin and you have a disastrous combination! I didn't bring any toiletries with me (travel light!), so I promptly picked these us at a local boutique the day I landed in Denver :)


The shampoo and conditioner were as rich as their names promised, and then some. In fact, they were so rich, I ended up skipping the conditioner half of the time. The shampoo was enough to keep my hair moisturized. It wasn't comparable to my Camellia oil, but it was a decent substitute. It lathers nicely, not way too foamy but enough to keep me bubbly and happy. Both the shampoo and conditioner have subdued fragrance, nothing special but (thank goodness) not too strong either.




Over all, the shampoo and conditioner were nice to have in Colorado. Now that I'm back home, I'm back to my regular routine with my beloved Camellia oil, which is a whole lot nicer, not to mention a lot more affordable to keep up. Frankly, the shampoo and conditioner were okay, but I would never spend that much money on shampoos and conditioners that were just "okay." At least not when I can do much better with the Camellia oil for much less. I got my 60 mL bottle of 100% pure Camellia oil for $12.50 and even then, that's expensive and I could probably find it for cheaper if I would just bother to look. And a bottle lasts me AND hubby for about 3 months, and we use it for both our hair and bodies. The L'Occitane shampoo and conditioner, on the other hand, retails for $8 for a 2.5 oz. travel-size and $17 for 8.4 oz.. While you do the math, I'll just say no thanks.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts