Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Body Shop Aloe Gentle Exfoliator

One of the few things I brought with me from home was this Body Shop Aloe Gentle Exfoliator. I normally use my Shiseido The Skincare Cleansing Massage Brush along with any night cleanser in use, but I didn't bring the brush with me to Japan. I was afraid in the humidity, the brush wouldn't dry properly and who would want to use a mildewy, or worse, moldy brush on their face? Eeeps. Yuck. Not me. So I left it at home in the states and brought what I thought would be a temporary solution. Temporary because I assumed I would be able to buy resupply with something of the like from the local drug store.



This exfoliator comes in a white creamy form with fine beads for exfoliating. It is very creamy but rinses clean and does not leave behind any films like *ahem* certain Clinique exfoliator does. It is also unscented, as I think most items from The Body Shop's Aloe line are. The best thing about this exfoliator is that the exfoliating beads are finer than most and therefore is not as harsh and scratchy like they can be. The downside is that those exfoliating beads are also rather sparse and being already as fine as they are, this product ended up being mostly a cleansing cream with only very slight exfoliating function. Also, I should mention that the tube is on the small side, containing only 2.5 oz.'s worth of product. It retails for $14.50, so I won't buy it again without a damn good promotion (and I bought this first tube with a promotion).

Anyway, now that I think about it, I haven't seen a similar skincare item at my local drugstore. Of course there are exfoliators in Japan, only they come in the form of peels and not so much a cleansing cream/foam with exfoliating beads. I guess my assumption in the beginning was totally off. Ooops.

The Body Shop Aloe Gentle Exfoliator:
Water, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Diatomaceous Earth, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Isononyl Isononanoate, Jojoba Esters, Myristyl Myristate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum.
***List of ingredients from The Body Shop USA.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts