Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Serum

After finishing up The Body Shop Aloe Protective Serum, I switched to this Vitamin E Moisture Serum. It is chilly now, and it's a tad drier outside as well as inside our itty bitty apartment. Of course, having dry combination skin my cheeks and chin promptly dry up and flake off as well (urgh), so I thought this moisture serum would help.



With my previous experience with 2 other products from this Vitamin E line: the Vitamin E Moisture Cream, which was too moisturizing even for my neck and upper chest, and the Vitamin E Sink-in Moisture Mask, which was too moisturizing for my face but perfect for my neck and upper chest, I do have some expectations for this Moisture Serum being moisturizing. And it is moisturizing, all the while managing to be thin and light at the same time, almost a runny gel! It's even lighter than the Aloe Protective Serum! How odd is that?

Actually, this serum is kind of amazing! I apply it by itself on my face at night, mostly my cheeks and chin where it's driest, and my skin just soaks it up in a snap! No greasy residue. I use it on my neck and upper chest as well, and it makes my skin in both areas baby soft. I'm very impressed with it and am planning on trying it during the day underneath my Allie sunscreen to see if it can handle the alcohol in the sunscreen. Will update on this later.

Scent wise, yet again it smells different than the other 2 items from the same Vitamin E line. No heavy rose scent, no nutty coconut with a dash of rose either. This serum smells more flowery with a touch of rose, and the scent is actually light and quite nice! I, umm..., kinda like it ^.^ I will definitely buy this serum again, given that it's versatile for use on my face, neck, and upper chest area. If it can handle my sunscreen too, it will probably be elevated to my daily must have's, at least for the winter. Let me assure you that so far, only 1 product has actually made it onto that very short list of mine - my Allie sunscreen!

The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Serum:
Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Honey, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Avena Strigose Seed Extract, Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Benzyl Benzoate, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Geraniol, Linalool, Potassium Sorbate, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.
***List of ingredients from The Body Shop USA.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts