Sunday, December 12, 2010

Char Siu Chicken

Had a fairly delicious and super easy dinner made using this Lee Kum Kee brand Char Siu Sauce. If you go a Chinese restaurant and see slices of pork being served up coated in a plummy red sauce, that's char siu, or Chinese BBQ.

***Picture from Lee Kum Kee USA.

Normally when I make char siu at home, I use the Char Siu Seasoning package from Noh brand and using pork exclusively. The problem with that is the pork would have to be either grilled or at least broiled in an oven. I have neither, and my toaster oven is not, umm, sufficient or even hot enough to cook meat. Pan frying sounds too greasy for pork, so I used this ready made Lee Kum Kee char siu in a jar and chicken instead ^.^

***Picture from Noh Foods, Inc.

But really I have to credit this Vietnamese cooking blog for giving me the idea of using this Lee Kum Kee ready made char siu sauce with chicken. It wasn't clear to me whether blogger grilled broiled her chicken, but it was clear this sauce yielded yummy results. So I tried it at home ^.^ although via pan frying and not grilling or broiling. There's no need for a recipe, just marinade chicken or pork with a generous coating of this ready made sauce for at least 30 minutes before grilling, broiling, or pan frying! I told you it was super easy! xD

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts