Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Revlon Luxurious Color Diamond Lust Eye Shadow

Boy I feel like a complete doofus. After returning to Japan I went back to Plaza to pick up the newly released Kiss Kiss My Eyes Glamorize Shadows palettes (yes, 05 Bordeaux Beige and now 06 Pink Beige!), and there I spotted these Revlon Luxurious Color Diamond Lust Eye Shadows on display. Of course their megawatt sparkliness got me all googly-eyed and drooling.

110 Starry Pink. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

To make things worse, out of the 5 shades available, the 100 Celestial Silver was completely sold out and the 110 Starry Pink only had 1 unit left on the shelf. Both testers for the 2 shades were made off with too and I only had the testers for 105 Plum Galaxy, 115 Neptune Star, and 120 Night Sky left to ponder what the other two would have been. So my curiosity got the best of me and I bought the only unit left of 110 Starry Pink. For 1,000yen, which is about $12.50. Now if you've seen these in a US drugstore, you'll know that they retail for a mere $4, or less, half that even, if you're well armed with coupons. So out of curiosity, I paid 3 times the price and then some, for which I feel like a dumbass sucker. So what do I but subsequently bought all 5 colors online via Walgreens, buy 1 get 1 half off and free shipping no less. Argh!!! At least now I'll have the "US drugstore versions" and one "Japanese export version" to compare :P

This 110 Starry Pink is an airy pink and it's okay. I mean, it's meant to be super sheer and sparkly top wash and I love it for being just that. And because of all the shimmers that are on the chunkier almost glittery side, its texture is expectedly gritty, dry, and chalky. There are some shimmer fall-outs though, so I recommend a light handed dusting. That said, I did play around with the tester for the 3 darker colors and the 105 Plum Galaxy, 115 Neptune Star, and 120 Night Sky are definitely more pigmented in addition to being sparkly with less shimmer fall-out. Can't wait till I get these sent me via a home care package ^.^

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts