Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Skincare Stocking Stuffers (Picture heavy!)

In 2012, hubby and I moved out of Japan in late August, then to Taiwan for 3 months until mid December. Going to different countries means lots of shopping and while I tried to exercise control, I don't have much self restraint. As a result, everyone in my family got at least a few skincare related stocking stuffers this past holiday season ^.^ Anyways, with permission from the recipients I took pictures of the products prior to wrapping them. 

This Naive Rich & Deep Moist Cleansing Foam Gift Set came with the full size Cleansing Foam Rose Extract in the yellow tube, which went to my mum, and a travel sized Cleansing Foam Madonna Lily Extract in the blue tube, which I kept for myself.

I bought a few things from Lancome via Nordstrom last spring and got this generous Spring 2012 Cheek GWP. The order was sent to my parents since I was still in Japan at the time, but my mum "called" the Renergie Lift Volumetry duo as soon as the package arrived xD The Renergie range from Lancome is her longtime favorite and she has been using the face and eye creams for years now. 
***Screencap via Nordstrom.com.

Renergie Lift Volumetry 15g and Volumetry Eye 7g


Got this Anthony Logistics The Essentials Kit for my dad. It came with the Glycolic Facial Cleanser 1.2oz 35mL, Shave Cream 1oz 28g, All Purpose Facial Moisturizer 0.75oz 21g, and Blood Orange Advanced Formula Lip Balm SPF25. I think my little brother was envious that this went to my dad, who could not care less for skincare, while he has been wearing daily sunscreen (Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion) since high school! No need to feel sorry for my brother though, he's spoiled as it is!

All Purpose Facial Moisturizer and Blood Orange Advanced Formula Lip Balm. Included the below Mint and White Tea Advanced Formula Lip Balm SPF25 and Lab Series Maximum Comfort Shave Cream 30mL for dad as well.

Gave this Ulta Instant Nourish Facial Moisturizer 15mL to mum in law as she's still "easing" into skincare. She looks at least 10 years younger than her age (over 60!) and never once cared for either skincare or sunscreen until now. So unfair, right? Some people spent their entire life pampering their skin and still doesn't look half as good as she does!

With dad in law, I had to tread lightly because he's somewhat disdainful to anything skincare related. It's not manly, he said. Still, I snuck in this Art of Shaving Shaving Cream Sandalwood 30mL, and he actually tried it and came back to tell me he likes it because his wife marveled at how it made him smell nice and manly afterwards LOL!!! Funny guy... xD

A few of my favorite buys last year were these Caudalie skincare sets. Not only they make wonderful gifts, they're also a great way to try out new products before committing to pricey full sizes. The Beauty Essentials from the Vine is my favorite. I actually bought two of these sets and gave one to mum in law. In fact, thanks to this set I even bought a full size Vinosource Quenching Sorbet-Cream. Will review it later.

Beauty Essentials from the Vine set includes Cleansing Water 50mL, Vinoperfect Radiance Serum Complexion Correcting 10mL, Pulpe Vitaminee Eye and Lip Cream 7mL, and Vinosource Quenching Sorbet-Cream 10mL.

Got this Resveratrol Firming & Anti-Wrinkle Set for my mum.

It comes with Vinexpert Firming Serum 10mL, Vinexpert Anti-Ageing Serum Eyes and Lips 7mL, Vinexpert Radiance Day Fluid SPF10 10mL, and Vinexpert Night Infusion Cream 10mL.

Got this Anti-Dark Spot & Radiance Set for my aunt who has been generously giving me free denims over the years. She produces her own denim line and half of all the jeans and khakis I've been wearing for the past ten years came from her ^.^


The next is an Ulta Spring 2012 GWP, which was one of the nicer GWPs from Ulta. I particularly like the Stephanie Johnson Cosmetic Bags and they've been getting some heavy usage throughout our travel.

***Screenshot via Ulta.com.

I'm using the DDF Amplifying Elixir 15mL right now. Will review soon. Gave the Boscia Oil-free Daily Hydration SPF15 10mL and Smashbox O-Gloss 3mL to mum in law.



The DKNY Pure Body Butter 50mL and Murad Acne & Wrinkle Reducer 3.7mL went to my mum.

Got a pair of these Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Correctors 0.24fl oz/7mL and gave both to my mum.

The below are a few buys from my trip to Taiwan. Since it's one of the lands of whitening products, my mum got a lot of these and she loves them ^.^

Naruko Raw Job's Tears Supercritical CO2 Whitening Toner 

Naruko Champion Night Gelly Experience Set, which comes with 3 jars of 30mL each of Raw Job's Tears Supercritical CO2 Brightening Night Gelly (red, left), Tea Tree Oil Out Night Gelly (green, middle), and Taiwan Magnolia Brightening and Firming Night Gelly (white, right). 

I appreciate very much that the vast majority of skincare products in Taiwan has a list of ingredients in English. In my experience, Taipei was so much more English (language)-friendly than Tokyo.

Raw Job's Tears Supercritical CO2 Brightening Night Gelly 30mL

Tea Tree Oil Out Night Gelly 30mL

Taiwan Magnolia Brightening and Firming Night Gelly 30mL

Hubby stumbled onto this Chashan Fang Teasoap shop at Tamsui Old Street while strolling the nightmarket with me, my sister, and her friend J. We all went a bit nuts in the store, buying loads of these handmade wholesome soaps, particularly these Haoli Gift Sets. You can mix and match the soap links, but since they only had 3 different fragrances (Tea Tree, Bamboo Charcoal, and Green Tea), I got one of each for my boxes. I bought 3 of these gift sets and gave one to my dad, one to dad in law, and kept one for myself ^.^ Will review mine later. 

Tea Tree Hand Soap Link

Bamboo Charcoal Hand Soap Link

Green Tea Hand Soap Link

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts