Saturday, April 6, 2013

Sephora Hot Hues Neon Lip Balm Part II

This review is overdue, since I've been using these new additions of the Sephora Hot Hues Neon Lip Balm last December. I hunted down two more colors of this balm, Paradisso Purple and Funky Fuchsia after good experience with the color Hot Pink, even though I don't love the formula.

Paradisso Purple and Funky Fuchsia. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Paradisso Purple and Funky Fuchsia both swatched a translucent bright cool pink with fuchsia undertone, but not quite fuchsia. Paradisso Purple is just a touch brighter, but otherwise identical to Funky Fuchsia. I was hoping they would differentiate themselves on my lips, and while they both turned vivid fuchsia with a touch of violet even (wow!), they were still indistinguishable from each other in a half-and-half lip test (each side a different color, top and bottom lips). Even their hot pink stains are identical! 

That's the biggest down side to these 2 colors, they're practically the same darn color in different colored tubes and names! However, one of the major upsides, and yes, there are more than one upside, is that they are surprisingly flattering on me, balms and stains alike ^.^ It pleases me greatly that in the past year, I have found a few super cool toned lip colors (Canmake Candy Wrap Lip 05 Pinkholic Syrup, Maybelline ColorSensational Lip Gloss 953 Hi-tech Plum, and Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain 030 Smitten) that actually look good on me and doesn't turn me yellow, or worse, green. 

The other incidental upside is that these somehow has the same effect as the Candy Wrap Lip 07 Hot Marmalade, making my teeth look super white ^.^ I'm long convinced only extremely warm bright oranges and reds do this, but these Neon Balms proved me wrong! Likey ^.^ I now carry Funky Fuchsia in my shoulder bag. If you want to try these, you can probably find either color on E(vil)bay since Sephora discontinued them long ago. 

Swatches (left) versus stains (right). See how Paradisso Purple (left swatch in both pictures) is just a tad brighter but stains identically to Funky Fuchsia? 

See my previous Sephora Hot Hues Neon Lip Balm post.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts