Friday, July 5, 2013

Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet

Another recent love of mine is this Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet (formerly Vinosource Quenching Sorbet-Cream - I like the new name better...). I first got a tiny 3mL/0.1fl oz. sample tube, loved it, got another 10mL/0.33fl oz. tube from the Caudalie Beauty Essentials from the Vine set, haven't had enough and graduated to the 40mL/1.3fl oz. full size. That's some serious affection right there since I'm usually itching to move on from just the first sample!

The Caudalie Beauty Essentials from the Vine set also includes 50mL Cleansing Water, which I didn't like at all, 10mL Vinoperfect Radiance Serum, which I found it to be too moisturizing and too strongly scented for use on the face, and 7mL Pulpe Vitaminee Eye and Lip Cream, which has become a go-to favorite of mine.

They are right to call this a sorbet. It comes out of the tube an airy whiff-y gel-cream with that absorbs instantly upon application. Because it's so thin, it spreads quickly and well, and you don't need much of it at all. I apply about a pinhead's amount each on the forehead, each cheek, and chin. It's an exceptionally light layer of moisture that I use in place of an emulsion, partly because I couldn't stand the cleaner stench from the Elixir Superieur Lifting Moisture Emulsion

The 10mL/0.33fl oz. tube from the Beauty Essentials from the Vine set, which took me forever to use up.

This moisturizing sorbet is scented with the same leafy viny signature Caudalie fragrance, only with a touch of flower. I do feel the fragrance is not as strong as some other Caudalie products, and it doesn't last very long. Interestingly enough, there are 3 different moisturizers in this Vinosource line, the lightest being this Moisturizing Sorbet, next up being the Moisture Recovery Cream, and supposedly the most moisturizing being the Intense Moisture Rescue Cream. While I haven't tried the other two, I do recommend this Moisturizing Sorbet if you like layering your skincare or if you're looking for a light moisturizer for the summer. The 40mL/1.3fl oz. full size tube is pricey at $39 each, but it will probably last many months, if not a whole year, at least for me!

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts