Thursday, July 18, 2013

Clinique for Men Face Scrub

Been using this 15mL travel size tube of Clinique for Men Face Scrub every third morning after my retinoid treatment the night before. I also have a full size 100mL/3.4oz. I bought for hubby, although he hasn't start using it yet. This is a facial exfoliator marketed for men skincare, but I don't see why I (or you!) can't use it :P

That said, I'm still on the fence with this Face Scrub. I can't find a list of ingredients for it yet (I accidentally threw out the packaging for the full size before taking a picture of the ingredients. Oops.), but I'm fairly sure it has either peppermint oil or menthol in it, because it creates quite a tingly minty sensation on the skin! It does not foam, but it cleans very well and can be used in place of a cleanser, although I would *not* recommend it for daily use for yourself (or him).


While its exfoliating beads are dense, which is supposed to be a good thing, they are somewhat scratchy. Not as rough as Caudalie Deep Cleansing Exfoliator, but together with the peppermint oil/menthol which emphasizes the scratchiness of the beads, it makes for a pretty harsh scrubbing! I guess the point is to exfoliate well and prevent ingrown hair for men, whose facial skin is thicker and rougher than women's. However, that doesn't mean men can't discern or that their skin won't feel the harshness and scratchiness. Over exfoliation isn't good for any skin!

But of course I'm on the fence because fact of the matter is this Face Scrub cleans very well. My face is always so squeaky clean afterwards, and surprisingly without feeling stripped! I would expect my skin to feel stripped and dries out due to the harsh exfoliating beads, but nothing like that so far, which is good, but strange. So yeah, if you can get a sample of it, by all means try it! If your skin is sensitive, especially to exfoliation, stay away from this one.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts