Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Lancome Desert Rose Subtle Shimmering Blush

This Lancome Desert Rose Subtle Shimmering Blush is one of those forgotten items I've had for a while but were packed away while I moved around. I finally got to it now and am enjoying it!

After the humongous La Roseraie Illuminating Smooth Powder compact, I was relieved to find this Desert Rose blush comes in a regular sized Lancome rectangular blush compact that's much thinner. I'm kind of confused with the name though. It's called the Desert Rose Subtle Shimmering Blush, but the top flap of the box also prints the name "Island Horizon," which makes me think the blush came in different color variations. It didn't, and even if it did it's no longer available anyway. 

Lancome Desert Rose Subtle Shimmering Blush. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Like the Maison Lancome Blush, this Desert Rose blush is also finely milled and smooth but not the softest blush I own. I wonder why Lancome doesn't make softer blushes. It's not like the silkiness or buttery texture affects pigmentation in anyway - two good examples are Kiss Mix Heart Cheeks 05 Strawberry Pink and Stila Make Me Blush Cheek Color

Other than the texture though, I'd say the blush is actually decent. It is shimmery but gives a soft focus finish instead of a sparkly one. It's not too pigmented either. However, given the nude bronze outermost ring of color I wouldn't want it any more pigmented anyway. When swirled all 4 colors together, I  get a pretty tawny rose glow that's not at all like a bronzer, which I like very much!

From outermost to innermost color rings:
- Nude bronze with a very slight touch of copper.
- Rose with berry undertone.
- Powder pink.
- Soft white.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts