Thursday, March 27, 2014

Clinique Fresh Bloom Allover Colour

I owe these Clinique Fresh Bloom Allover Colours an apology, or at least a super belated review :P I've had and been using them for years, since before I left to Japan! This was when Clinique tried to be little more interesting with their products which I thought was a great success. I own 4 different colors and 5 compacts after all: 01 Peony, 03 Almond Blossom, 05 Amaryllis, and 08 Bamboo Pink. Two of the compacts are mini freebies but the other 3 are full size purchased at full retail!

01 Peony, in mini GWP (top row) and full size compact (bottom row). All pictures are taken indoor with flash unless otherwise noted.



These are gorgeous blushes that impart a glowy veil of color and no visible shimmers at all. They are not the softest or silkiest blushes I own, but they are pretty firmly pressed and isn't dusty when I swirl my brush. As they are Clinique, they are unscented, and different colors vary in pigmentation but overall I like them a lot. And did I mention they're sooooo pretty to look at?!? I wish Clinique would make more colors :(

03 Almond Blossom mini GWP.


05 Amaryllis (top row) in older transparent slim compact, which I much prefer to the current opaque white plastic-y compact with metal lid, and 08 Bamboo Pink (bottom row) in limited edition wavy lid compact, which I don't like either :P



- 01 Peony: a warm peony pink with warm pale pink highlighter background, warm rosy pink petals with very fine microscopic shimmers that reflect a cool violet sheen. No worries, this sheen actually doesn't show at all on the skin, and on me this rosy pink turns coral. The stamen is a maroon-y brown, which turns more brown on me.

- 03 Almond Blossom: this is the most pigmented color I have, and it's a coppery brown on golden beige background so I use it either as a bronzer or to contour. It's also slightly more shimmery than the rest.


- 05 Amaryllis: this is an Asia-exclusive and my favorite, because it's so striking to look at. For some people it may be just a highlighter because save for the flower stamen that's a bright reddish pink, the petals are white and background is pastel pink. That said, the reddish pink is decently pigmented and it shows pretty well on me even though I swirl the brush over the whole pan. And the pastel pink may look similar to the pale pink in 01 Peony but it's actually cooler.

- 08 Bamboo Pink: this is a cooler tawny palette but it goes on me pretty much neutral. The highlighting background is a pale fleshy pink, the petals are a cool and shimmery neutral pink, and the stamen is a pretty plum that turns more of a warm maroon brown on me. The shimmers in the neutral pink petals aren't obvious upon application.

2 comments:

Ann said...

I will buy all of them too because pretty :)
But amaryllis? Is just so stunning that for me is just like art!

Like really some make up is so pleasant to just watch in the pan just like you do with a painting! Not everything is for use some things are to feast our eyes on them.

What year do you bought them?

I a few days I will make my first order to VS!!

Excited!

Cheers!

D. said...

Hi Ann,

Oh, you know what, Amaryllis might actually be really pretty on you since it's light pink and pink turns red on you ^.^ And it shows on me so it'll definitely show on you!

Clinique still makes these, although only 3 colors are available on the US online shop. You might be able to find Amaryllis through E(vil)bay, but it came out in 2009 or 2010 I think, so loooooong time ago.

Either way, I hope you can find it! I love looking at it myself ^.^

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts