Saturday, March 22, 2014

Shiseido The Makeup Camellia Compact

Picked up this Shiseido The Makeup Limited Edition Camellia Compact a couple of years ago actually. The problem with a really gorgeous compact is that, well, you're afraid to use -.-' But for the past year I finally got over my fear and "ruined" its pristine condition for your viewing pleasure LOL

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

I think the beauty in this compact is its understated beauty, from the outer compact to the pressed powder inside. There's nothing "luxurious" about a simple compact that's thin and sleek. There's nothing "fancy" about the powder either. There are three colors pressed into two rather plain flower shapes on a white background. Simple, it's gorgeous to look at.

This Camellia powder blush is unscented and is very soft, although not as silky as some other blushes I have. However, it's very pigmented. I also love that I get more color than highlighting, because some "blushes" out there give you disproportionately more highlighting powders than the actual color blushes, which I think is totally cheating. But not with this Camellia compact, which I would say you get 3/4 color and 1/4 highlighting!

There are very fine microscopic pearly shimmers in the powder that's not at all visible. In direct light, the effect I get is a subtle soft focus glow. Here are the colors:
- White
- Warm pink, which goes on me with coral undertone.
- Orangey red, which goes on me more red than orange, despite appearing more orange on the back of my hand below.

This "limited edition" compact is still available on Shiseido USA's website, if you fancy yourself one.

4 comments:

Ann said...

I used to have it! Such pretty colors!

Sadly I have to gave it away to a friend because the colors changed on me as the warm pink went straight orange and the chedron (red orange) went brown(dark orange brown) and it looked so so bad :(

But it looks so good on you! :)

D. said...

Hi Ann,

Aww...sorry to hear that! It sounds like you're really cool toned. Do cooler pinks or berries work better on you?

D.

Ann said...

I'm not cool per se I'm fair cool olive(depending of the place the olive shows a little bit or a lot) with problems of oxidation and light reflecting(this sound weird but it really happen to me when I get lighter, I star to reflect the color of wall,clothes ambient lights etc)

I have always had problems with oranges and browns but lately even my trusted cool pinks are giving me problems as they are turning red on me... and yeah is a little bit frustrating .

So now for me is blue(cool blue) and purples(really cool ones) and that's it!! until it change hopefully soon.

But not all is bad! :) i have received a lot of compliments on my "red" shadows (they are in reality my pinks ,pale pink purple to that) I have been told that is a unusual color but that it look really good on me! and I have even been asked the name of the color and brand :D so cheers!!!

D. said...

Hi Ann,

Wow, I wish I could pull off red! Because I'm so warm toned red looks really blaring red on me and most blues and greens make me look ill. Didn't stop me from loving red lipsticks, although that's why I usually go for sheer lipsticks than opaque full coverage ones.

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts