Saturday, June 28, 2014

Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner Part III

More Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liners, hooray! ^.^ These are becoming my fast favorite and I nabbed myself another 6 colors: Aubergine, Blue Ribbon, Lionfish, Peacock, Starfish, and Triggerfish. Since I have reviewed them in details before, I will just go straight to the colors.

From left to right: Aubergine (accidentally tore the box, oops!), Blue Ribbon, Lionfish, Peacock, Starfish (tore this box too...), and Triggerfish. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


- Aubergine: looks maroon in the twist-up pen but I think it's more a deep plum. It has micro shimmers, so it's not sparkling but is finely shimmery under a direct source of light. In natural light it appears satiny.

- Blue Ribbon: a smokey denim blue with silver shimmers. Very pretty!

- Lionfish: a dark chocolate, again with micro shimmers so as to not be sparkling but instead finely shimmery under a direct source of light. In natural light it appears satiny like Aubergine. It's a darker chocolate than Oscarfish, see comparison swatches below.

- Peacock: a gorgeous gorgeous teal blue with micro shimmers so fine it doesn't actually appear shimmery but rather glowy! Love!


- Starfish: oh my, the very first Smudge Stick I actually do not like *gasp* This is a deep camouflage green with only scattered shimmers, but for some reason it applies clumpy and gritty, and the result is patchy at best. See comparison swatch with Moray. I'm disappointed - what happened?

- Triggerfish: a slate silver, also very pretty!

Left to right: Aubergine, Blue Ribbon, Lionfish, Peacock, Starfish, and Triggerfish. See how Starfish has a different texture than the rest?

Now that I've collected a few of the Smudge Sticks, I'm starting to see some similarities. So I'm swatching similar colors side by side for comparison.

Purple Tang versus Tetra versus Aubergine, with Purple Tang being most bluish, then Tetra, then Aubergine being most plummy.

Moray versus Starfish, with Moray being several shades lighter, greener, and with gold shimmers. And Starfish is just a clumpy and patchy mess :(

Oscarfish versus Lionfish, with Oscarfish being lighter and warmer.

Triggerfish versus Stargazer

See my previous posts:
Stila Seeing Stars Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner Set
Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts