Monday, June 30, 2014

Stila Color Balm Lipstick

I was happy to have received a deluxe sample of Stila Color Balm Lipstick with a recent order. I've been curious about this lipstick for a while and it's available in a good array of colors, and although the color Vivienne I got is not one I would normally go for, I wasn't going to complain ^.^

Stila Color Balm Lipstick in Vivienne, all pictures taken in natural light without flash.

I'm thoroughly impressed with these Color Balm Sticks! The formula is thick but not sticky, and super smooth. It applies evenly and with a nice tug, and leaves a glossy finish. It's also pigmented, and is very moisturizing. Sounds familiar, right? Yes, I'm saying these feels very similar to the lovely Lavshuca Dramatic Memory Rouge (the old version, as I haven't tried the newly revamped version yet)! The only big difference that I've noticed is that these Stila ones are strongly minty and feel tingly on the lips, due to the peppermint oils, which I actually appreciate! It doesn't have any taste, just scent. I'm so going to grab a few more colors when there's a good promotion out!

- Vivienne: Stila's website describes this as terra cotta rose, which is actually pretty accurate. It appears more terra cotta when swatched on the back of my hand, but the rose comes out on my lips. If it weren't so pigmented and opaque (see for yourself!), I'd say it'd make a good my lips but better color. Still love the formula though

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts