Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Stila Convertible Color Part II

I love Stila Convertible Colors but I don't want to pay $25 for a full size compact that I will never be able to use up. So over the holiday season 2013 when Sephora releases this Stila Collage of Color Lip & Cheek Palette for $10, it was a must-have for me. Even better is that three colors Peach Poppy, Coral, and Roseberry in the palette are all limited editions and are not in the permanent line up. Even better!

Stila Collage of Color Lip & Cheek Palette. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


To be honest, my last purchase of the Convertible Colors was six years ago, back in 2008, so there was a nagging fear the formula might have changed for the worse. Thank goodness I didn't let apprehension change my mind about buying this palette, because I absolutely love it now and wish I had bought a backup. If anything, the formula is creamier and less clay-like, and although it doesn't dry to a powdery matte like the previous two I own, it goes on with a much lighter feel. The colors are translucent but are quite pigmented - see the swatches for yourself!

And did I mention the colors are gorgeous? They are! Note the picture below with the palette shown vertically is the most color accurate, and the colors swatch true to how they appear in the pan. In the rest of the pictures, the sunny natural light sort of "orange wash" everything and all the colors appear a lot more red and much brighter than they really are, especially the darkest Roseberry.

- Peach Poppy: despite appearing very orange in the picture, this is actually a muted peach apricot color.

- Coral: this color really is an orangey coral, just not as bright as in the pictures. It's pretty pigmented though.

- Roseberry: bright sunlight totally messed with this color in my pictures and it's actually a cool raspberry and not at all the muted red it appears. Again, see the picture above with the palette shown vertically and compare that picture to the swatches below. 

Left to right: Peach Poppy, Coral, and Roseberry.

See my previous Stila Convertible Color post.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts