Monday, January 12, 2015

Visee Glam Glow Eyes Part II

Taking a break from eyeliner reviews ^.^ For nostalgia's sake I combed through Rakuten JP and found these Visee Glam Glow Eyes in BR-2, GR-4, and PK-1. I had dismissed BR-2 and PK-1 as being too warm for me, and GR-4 and BL-5 are of course not my preference. But this just goes to show how desperate (and bored) I am :(

Visee Glam Glow Eyes in BR-2, GR-4, and PK-1. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

When these finally arrived, I realized the warm palettes aren't too warm and the green palette isn't that scary after all. That or my taste and preference have changed and I'm no longer as afraid of warms, greens and blues as I used to be. But otherwise, the formula is the same, smooth and silky with a dampness that's common among these Glam Glow Eyes.

I've noticed a few minor differences between these palettes and the ones I have from before: the sparkly cream liner at lower left are sheerer, and the base highlighter as well as the medium crease shades are more metallic. This is freakin' fantastic! After swatching these, I was so pleased I went back and bought the BL-5 palette as well. Will review that one later.

- BR-2: a warm bronzy palette. I remember seeing this at the Don Quixote outside the west entrance of Yokohama Station and thought, holy cow it's really red. Now I realized it might have been the lighting inside that store, because I looked at this palette in natural lighting and sure it's bronzy, but it's definitely not red! Yay!

- Lower left: cream liner, high shimmer, very sheer. Translucent soft white with pink shimmers that give it a pearlescent pink tint. 
- Upper left: base and highlighter, metallic, medium intensity. Metallic pinky beige.
- Upper right: medium crease shade, semi metallic, medium intensity. A pinky bronze.
- Lower right: liner shade, shimmer, high intensity. A bitter chocolate.

- GR-4: this is an olived green palette that I can actually wear, perhaps with the exception of the pale golden lime base and highlighter ^.^

- Lower left: cream liner, high shimmer, very sheer. Translucent ivory. 
- Upper left: base and highlighter, metallic, medium intensity. Metallic pale golden lime. This shade looks gorgeous but I'm not sure I can pull it off ^.^'
- Upper right: medium crease shade, metallic, high intensity. A metallic green olive with gold shimmers. Love!
- Lower right: liner shade, shimmer, high intensity. A super pigmented green tinted black with gold shimmers. Makes a gorgeous liner!

- PK-1: a beautiful beautiful golden pink palette that made my jaw drop the first time I wore it. Even as I swatched it, I regretted not picking up both of Don Quixote's Eye Color and Liquid Eye Liner Sets when I saw them back in early 2012! It really was the lighting inside that store, because at the time I did swatch this PK-1 but it turned red on me. However, look at the swatch below in natural light - it's not red at all!!!


- Lower left: cream liner, high shimmer, very sheer. Translucent ochre. 
- Upper left: base and highlighter, metallic, medium intensity. An intensely metallic beige gold. So so so pretty as a base and highlighter, enough to carry on just by itself with eyeliner!
- Upper right: medium crease shade, metallic, medium intensity. A lovely warm pink with a metallic gold sheen. Thanks to this gold sheen, this color goes extremely well with the beige gold base and highlighter, and the result is just breathtaking! There are few palettes in my collection with colors that work this well together, and this is one of them. So so so glad I picked this up now before they're gone forever *smooch*
- Lower right: liner shade, shimmer, high intensity. Chocolate.

See my previous posts:
- Visee Glam Glow Eyes
- Visee x Smacky Glam Glam Glow Eyes

4 comments:

kuri said...

So many gorgeous eyeshadow palettes to choose from! How to prioritize?!

D. said...

Hi kuri,

LOL ^.^ I would probably prioritize these over the Lunasol ones, as these have been discontinued and harder to find than Lunasol which are still readily available. Plus they're a fraction of the price on Rakuten JP xD

If you're okay with warm palettes, I definitely recommend PK-1 - it's gorgeous! If you like greens I recommend the GR-4 too!!!

Cheers,
D.

kuri said...

Pk 1 doesn't look too warm for me, and I don't have enough peaches. The green palette does look gorgeous though...

D. said...

Hi kuri,

Well then definitely put the Lunasol palettes on the back burner and go for these first before they're gone forever!

^.^
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts