Saturday, March 28, 2015

Holika Holika Midnight Owl

After Holika Holika released the Hello Holika Chic Blushers, they released these Midnight Owl compacts in 2 colors, #1 Bright Owl, a highlighter, and #2 Shy Owl, a blush. The #1 Bright Owl looked a bit funky for me and plus I already have too many highlighters, so I went with just #2 Shy Owl. This was a couple of years ago though, and only recently did I finally dig them out of my moving boxes. Sigh.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


I'm really impressed with this compact, as it's even softer and smoother than the Hello Holika blush and highlighter, feeling almost buttery to the touch! It's also very pigmented and all the colors can be used as eye shadow base/highlighter, if not all over the lids or even as medium crease colors. Like the Hello Holika compacts, these are also scented and the fragrance is a bit stronger and more feminine, but still not strong enough to deter me. Also, all the colors are shimmery, some are almost metallic, with 1 fully metallic, and a few more sparkly than others. If you don't like shimmers, these compacts are not for you!

This compact is thicker than the Hello Holika compacts though. That's because these Midnight Owl compacts comes with a flat brush in its own clear plastic pivoting pan, which I think is unnecessary but I've read that people actually like the brush. Either way, I use my own brush, the Koyudo Sakura022 squirrel mixed brush for a lighter application because I don't want too much colors or shimmers.

1. Petal pink that leans warm, highly shimmery and almost metallic.
2. Appears a candied purple in the pan but goes on me a violet-fuschia with a brushed metal finish and pink shimmers. This color is dark enough to be used as a medium/crease shade!
3. Mint green with a brushed metal finish and white shimmers.
4. Warm peach pink with brushed metal finish and pink shimmers.
5. Metallic soft white with a pink pearly sheen when seen from an angle.
6. A pale yellow when looked at directly but changes to a pearly pink with a brushed metal finish and lots of white sparkles. This is by far the most interesting color in the compact, solely because it changes color!
7. Almost metallic hot pink with a wash of white shimmers on top. Like the #2 violet-fuschia above, this color can be used as medium/crease shade.

2 comments:

birkinbagbeauty said...

Gosh, it's adorable and has a tons of pretty neutral/cool colours!

D. said...

Hi birkinbagbeauy,

Yes, this blusher really surprised me! I love how soft and pigmented it is too :)

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts