Sunday, August 23, 2015

SunCut UV Protect Gel SPF50+ PA++++

We ran out of body sunscreen on our second day in Tokyo, which, as you know, is a happy occasion for me because it means I can go browse the drugstore (again, despite the crazy music and harsh lighting). Hubby and I loved loved loved Nivea Sun Protect Water Gel Super SPF50 PA+++ (will review next), but after many a bottles I wanted something new I haven't tried before. A quick walk around the block and we came home with this 100g bottle of SunCut UV Protect Gel SPF50+ PA++++, courtesy of Cosmeport, a sub-brand of Kose.


There were many choices of course. This sunscreen with PA++++ replaces its previous version with only PA+++. Active ingredients include octinoxate (メトキシケイヒ酸エチルヘキシル), Parsol SLX (Polysilicone-15, ポリシリコーン-15), Uvinul A+ (ジエチルアミノヒドロキシベンゾイル安息香酸ヘキシル), and Tinosorb S (ビスエチルヘキシルオキシフェノールメトキシフェニルトリアジン). I have no idea about concentration but it looks pretty effective with strong UVB protection. And plus the "みずみずしい" (watery watery) won me over and I was quite excited to try it the next morning. 

This sunscreen comes out of the bottle an opaque white gel cream. With my body temperature, it melts in my hand and really does feel "watery" going on. However, after massaging it into my skin (neck, decolletage, and arms), to my surprise it becomes rich and creamy and doesn't dry invisibly for that "naked skin" feeling at all, nothing like Nivea Sun Protect Water Gel and Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence.

Even worse is that the finish is slightly sticky, perhaps because they tried to make it moisturizing? This sounds good for the winter when my skin is much drier and will probably need good moisture. Then again, I wouldn't be walking around in short sleeves or sleeveless shirts in the winter, so any body sunscreen will be moot then. I need the sun protection right now, and I already melt every time I step outside. I really don't need any kind of body moisturizer.

So while this sunscreen gives good protection, it also gives me a double dose of ick, and probably a quadruple dose of yuck for poor hubby (and anyone else who dares to have hairy arms and legs)! So yes, hubby and I are suffering through this bottle, and after this we'll go back to Nivea while I scope out something new.


By the way, Nivea Sun Protect Water Essence has been reformulated to be PA++++. And there's a new "Cool" version also, in addition to a new Watery Gel, which will most likely become my next purchase

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts