Monday, September 14, 2015

Clarins Toning Lotion With Camomile

I got 2 bottles of this Clarins Toning Lotion With Camomile, a 50mL/1.7fl. oz. from the Clarins 2013 Spring Beauty Gift GWP, and a 100mL/3.4 fl. oz. in a set with the full size 125mL/4.4oz tube of Gentle Foaming Cleanser. I'm almost through with the 100mL bottle so it's time for a quick review.

2013 Spring Beauty Gift GWP.

This is an alcohol-free toner, and it's mildly scented with a grassy camomile scent. The scent doesn't bother me, but I don't really like the colorant. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a purist. I've used plenty of skincare with colorant and alcohol in it. But this toner is yellow, you see. And thus in soaking a quadrant of my white muslin cloth with it to wipe my face and neck, I end up with a yellowed muslin cloth after a few days, which kind of grosses me out. (It could also be that my face got super oily and dirty overnight...)

Either way, it makes me wonder why a toner needs coloring at all. Why does the Extra-Comfort Toning Lotion with Aloe Vera needs to be orange, or the version with Iris meant for normal to oily skin needs to be green? Are we in grade school here that we need our skincare in enticing colors? And if so, why not the packaging be colored and the product itself free of colorant?

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts