Sunday, January 10, 2016

Afternoon Tea at the Oriental Lounge, Mandarin Oriental Tokyo Part II

I didn't intend to turn this blog into an afternoon tea blog, but alas... Hubby's birthday was two months ago (yes, I'm now 2 months behind on posts, urgh), and to my surprise he wanted to go back to have afternoon tea at the Mandarin Oriental Tokyo. I was more than happy to oblige, and I know hubby's colleagues have been going back with their visiting friends and family also, which goes to show how much we all love the place!

Since it was just the 2 of us and not our usual big group of 6-8, we got a window table with great view! Too bad it was a cloudy day, but it was still a really relaxing afternoon just snacking and chatting with my birthday guy.



It was just the "regular" afternoon tea versus the special caviar theme last session, but everything was delectable. We just can't complain even if we wanted to!


From the savories, I particularly enjoyed the cracker with a huge chunk of lobster on it! Simply delicious!

But I still like best the fact that they give not 1 but 2 plates of sweets ^.^


And I gave hubby my coconut macaron, because he just loves coconut anything.



There was this special lychee oolong that they served that I loved so much I ordered a tin to go. It was rather pricey at 3,500yen/50g, so I probably won't splurge like that again considering I can find flavored oolong rather easily from tea blenders in the states. But the expensive tea doesn't take away from the experience and we will definitely be back again and again!

6 comments:

Julia said...

Oooooh! What is that blueberry thing with the leaf on it?

D. said...

Hi Julia,

That was a dollop of blueberry mousse glazed with jelly ^.^

Have you had afternoon tea there at the Mandarin Oriental?

Cheers,
D.

Julia said...

No, never. ^^;

D. said...

You should totally try it, though some locations are better than others :D

Unknown said...

We were given 2 tins of their citrus blend oolong as an engagement present when we went to Tokyo in 2015 and I have never had such a tasty blend of tea! We are just on tin no.2 now as we use it very sparingly for special occasions! Haha

D. said...

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

I do believe Lupicia sources teas for Mandarin Oriental Tokyo. I don't know where you are, but here's Lupicia's Global website--https://www.lupicia.com/global.

I hope you'll be able to find that citrus oolong blend again. I know I'd go crazy upon learning my favorite tea blend has been discontinued or otherwise no longer available.

Good luck,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts