Tuesday, February 23, 2016

NARS Lip Pencil Duo

Got this NARS Lip Pencil Duo as a Sephora bday freebie way back when but didn't get around to them until now. It's a pair of mini Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella and Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


It's been a long time since I've tried something from NARS, with my last lip pencil being the Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil 3 years ago, which I did like very much.

With this duo, right away I knew I wouldn't enjoy the Velvet Matte pencil so I do admit I'm not entirely subjective with this review. For matte lip colors, the formula would have to be freakin' amazing for me to like it. I have very dry lips, which does not do well with matte lip colors at all even when I layer lip balm underneath. I'll be fair that this particular formula is smooth and very pigmented, just not emollient enough.

- Cruella: opaque and full coverage deep red that ended up going to J. because she loves opaque, matte, full coverage lippies and, frankly, I don't ^.^ So at least this pencil will get some use with her.

My lips fared much better with the Satin Lip pencil, though I still much prefer the Velvet Gloss formula. This one is much softer and silkier. While it's decently pigmented, it's neither opaque nor does it provide full coverage.

- Rikugien: a semi translucent warm pink that's pretty much a my-lips-but-better color on me with one coat. This color has very fine shimmers that gives a slightly pearly finish.

Velvet Matte in Cruella and Satin Lip in Rikugien.

2 comments:

Citrine said...

I actually just got back to nars eyeshadow recently(used to love them but their rubber packaging gets disgusting in three years and I destroy stuff when I tried to depot). Right now I am wearing parallel universe (it looks like aritaum shine fix eyes but with full-blown more complex shimmer)and I want to swatch more when I go to the store some weekend.

D. said...

Hi Citrine,

Oh interesting! I'll look forward to seeing your review for parallel universe, or have you already reviewed it?

Swatches would be cool too!

D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts