Saturday, July 30, 2016

Lipstick Queen Liptropolis

This Lipstick Queen Liptropolis set was the last of my Amazon haul, and it includes all 3 shades Soho, Upper East, and Central Park in a nice hardcover book-like box.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

As with the Endless Summer lipsticks, these are in a steely gray metallic tubes that are sticky and rubbery.

I like these a lot better than Jungle Queen, actually! The formula is slightly less pigmented and more translucent, but it's also more moisturizing and leaves a nice sheen. Still nowhere as buttery, glossy, and comfortable as the Saint lipsticks, but I actually love all 3 colors in the line even though they're totally not as described.

Very tempted to get a backup because they the set's on sale for half price on LQ's website, but I probably shouldn't. Yes, it sucks to have paid retail literally a couple of week before the sale, but these are still a tad too pigmented for me and I still use dabs at a time, so chances are I'll never get to the backups.

- Soho: described as a "vixen red" but I think it's more of a translucent magenta. Believe it or not this color is very flattering and makes my teeth appear super white, probably due to the blue base. It's my favorite color of all three!

- Upper East: where they got "nude" is beyond me, because it doesn't even look "nude" in the tube, more like a peach-pink which is exactly what it is. This color is semi opaque but still wearable for me, thank goodness!

- Central Park: ...and this "peach" is actually a semi translucent reddish coral. Love this color also, except that my bullet is breaking at the base so now I have to be extra gentle with it :( This is my very first LQ lipstick that's breaking, and I really don't want to buy a new one just for that. When it does finally break, I'll probably put in a pot, use it with a lip brush like everyone else and call it a day.

Soho, Upper East, and Central Park.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts