Sunday, July 30, 2017

RMK Irresistible Bright Lips Part II

The disastrous second try with the RMK Irresistible Glow Lips got me wary with my three new Irresistible Bright Lips, 03 Coral Red, 06 Natural Rose, and 07 Deep Rose. 02 Pink Red was already ho-hum, and I kept hanging on to the thought that there could be another color(s) that might turn my opinion around on these lippies.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Well, that was a mistake. Sadly, all three of these too are ho-hum, just like 02 Pink Red. That pretty much finalized my thoughts on RMK lipsticks: no more for me. And on the whole, I now feel the RMK brand is pretty much overpriced meh in silver metallic packaging. Meh eye shadows, meh lipsticks, save for the first few Irresistible Glow Lips and the W Irresistible Lips 04 Deep Red. It's okay. I win some, I lose some. Moving on.

- 03 Coral Red: candy coral, redder on the back of my hand than on my lips. It's a pretty color, but it's also a little more opaque than 02 Pink Red yet at the same time not quite full coverage--this would require three layers. I doubt I'll ever reach for this so I'm going to pass it on.

- 06 Natural Rose: semi-translucent rose with loads of pink and white shimmers that don't really show but nonetheless cause the grittiness. I think I've already beaten this why-bother-with-shimmers dead horse into a pulp. Urgh. Will pass this one on also. 

- 07 Deep Rose: lovely translucent berry, but again with loads of white and silver shimmers that give a silvery wet sheen. Sadly, the grittiness takes away from this pretty sheen and although I do like the color a lot, I'm going to pass it on.   

03 Coral Red, 06 Natural Rose, and 07 Deep Rose.

See my previous RMK Irresistible Bright Lips post.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts