Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Avene Cleanance Cleansing Gel

Been using this 200mL/6.76fl. oz. bottle of Avene Cleanance Cleansing Gel for a few weeks now. This was actually a recommendation from our dear friend C. way back in 2009, I think? So almost ten years later, I finally got around to try what C. thought was great =.=" Even then, I only remembered it when I was browsing Beauty Habit looking for something new to try along with my Paul & Joe Hand Creams.



The first thing that struck me about this cleanser is its amazing fragrance--it's a milder and more powdery version of my favorite (and unfortunately long discontinued) L'Occitance Bonne Mere Gentle Cream Milk! Both hubby and I love the scent, which makes this soap-free cleanser a joy to use.


Other than that, the cleanser itself is a clear blue gel and doesn't really foam much, if at all. And yet it's actually a tad stronger than I'd like. I was expecting it to be much milder because, well, it's soap-free and all. Perhaps it's a more potent cleanser because it's multi-purpose for both the face and body? Either way, a quarter-size amount is enough for me to wash my face, neck, back of the neck, decolletage, and upper back! And if I were to use any more than that it'll dry out my skin. Even hubby remarked that it's potent for him and his normal skin, let alone my dry combo skin in this cold weather and dry climate.

So while I enjoy using it now thanks to the fragrance, I won't repurchase. Besides, I already have another 50mL/1.69fl. oz. deluxe travel size bottle from this great GWP I received along with the order. So if I miss the fragrance, I can always revisit.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts